Who knew that shopping at the Marin Humane Thrift Shop could help animal overpopulation in Marin? But it can!
360 San Anselmo Ave, San Anselmo
Open Monday through Saturday, from 11 am to 4 pm. Closed Sunday and holidays.
In 1961, the Marin Humane Society Auxiliary opened the Thrift Shop in downtown San Anselmo. The Thrift Shop’s success was key to the construction and operation of the first subsidized spay and neuter clinic in California, which opened at Marin Humane’s Novato campus in 1973.
Today, the Thrift Shop offers a range of merchandise, including clothes, kitchenware, books, handmade cards, and collectables. Proceeds from the store continue to support the operation of Marin Humane’s Spay/Neuter Clinic, totaling more than $80,000 in fiscal year 2011-12!
Got some items to donate? The Thrift Shop is quite the cozy space so we have limited room for the many generous donations from our wonderful supporters. We are currently accepting the following items:
• In-season clothing that is clean and presentable
• Framed art and posters that are undamaged
• Fiction, non-fiction, and art books
• Dinner and glassware without chips or cracks
• Collectibles such as figurines and vases
• Table linens and bedding sets
• Pet supplies
Because of our limited space, we thank you for not bringing any of the following items for donation:
• Technical books, children’s books, or dated reference books
• Children’s clothing or toys
• Any items that require repairing or cleaning
Thank you for supporting Marin Humane!