The Humane Educator of the Year and Humane Youth of the Year are pretty cool people.
And now we’re looking for even more cool people! The Humane Education Department is calling for all nominations for the Humane Youth of the Year and Humane Educator of the Year Awards for 2016! Many of you have worked with wonderful people who make a world of difference for animals. Your input will allow us to recognize their dedication and commitment. We want to honor these community members and hope you can help us by nominating someone who you feel has made an impact in 2016. The winners will receive their awards at our Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon on Sunday, June 4, 2017, to recognize their special achievements.
Submit nominations for Humane Educator of the Year and/or Humane Youth of the Year for 2016 to the Education Department by May 1, 2017. Include the nominee’s name, phone number, and a brief summary of why you think they should receive the award. Tell us specifically how the nominee has taken action to positively impact animals in the community.
Below are the criteria for nominees and a list of recent recipients:
- Must be under 18 years of age
- Current student at a Marin school, private or public
- Active Marin Humane volunteer (service club, intern, student volunteer, and/or completed community service project)
- Their contribution has made a significant, positive impact at Marin Humane
- Their action would inspire the Marin county community
- Their volunteer efforts have shown dedication and a commitment to Marin Humane and our mission
- They must have a goal of advancing their educational experience
- They have demonstrated commitment or effort to advocate for animals
Humane Youth of the Year winners:
2015 Kacey Rhinehart
2014 Natalie Frederick
2013 Nicole Geller
2012 Rachel Blackman
2011 Vanessa Springer
2010 Kyra Pesso
2009 Alicia Zecherie
- Active teacher, librarian, or educator in Marin County who participates in Marin Humane programs
- At least 2 years affiliated with Marin Humane education programs
- Their work with their students and patrons has gone above and beyond the usual scope of the programs
- Their work has demonstrated the humane ethic to their students and/or patrons
- Their work has supported the mission of Marin Humane and the welfare of animals
Humane Educator of the Year winners:
2015 Francesca Previtali
2013 Rachel Hughes
2012 Maya Creedman and Anne Siskin
2011 Barbara Ronayne
2010 Jolene Yee
2009 Marilyn Wronsky
2008 Christine Heilmann
2007 Stephanie Weiss
- Nominations for Youth or Educator of the Year are due Monday, May 1, 2017.
- The Humane Awards Committee will make the decision by Friday, May 26, 2017.
- The winners will be invited to join Marin Humane staff and volunteers at the Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon on Sunday, June 1, 2017.
Please let us know if you have questions or need any help with your nomination. Thank you so much for your participation!