Above & Beyond
Prevent a litter, fix a critter!
For more than 45 years, Marin Humane has offered spay/neuter surgeries to the public; first on a low-cost basis and then exclusively for those with low income. But with a tiny clinic and only two veterinarians, it was often hard to meet the demand in addition to providing medical care to our shelter animals. So, we’re excited to announce that Marin residents in need can now get these surgeries for their beloved pets at 20 different veterinary hospitals throughout the region!
Eligible pet parents can get pre-approved through our Pet Safety Net program.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You and your pet must reside in Marin County
• You are the regular caretaker of the pet
• Your household income must be at or below the U.S. Department of Housing and Development’s (HUD) definition of very low income limits:
• Supporting documents, such as proof of income, proof of residency and proof that you are the pet’s guardian must be provided
• All dogs must be licensed in accordance with county laws
Spay/Neuter Fees for Cats
Spay/Neuter Fees for Dogs
Under 50 lbs. – $175
51+ lbs. – $200
Under 30 lbs. – $175
30 – 50 lbs. – $200
51+ lbs. – $250
Spay-Neuter Fees for Rabbits
Spay/Neuter – $250
Learn how to qualify and get help!
Marin Humane does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, or religion and reserves the right to deny assistance to anyone for any reason. Funding resources are limited and Marin Humane makes every effort to use limited funds in the most responsible way to serve as many companion animals in the community as possible.