Overview of foundation skills and concepts for competitive obedience, Novice through Utility.
– Classical and operant conditioning (as applied to performance sports)
– Using an event marker (why and how)
– Training plans and efficient training practices
– Building focus and motivation
– Foundation skills for obedience
– Heeling skills
– Handling and footwork
– Perfect position changes
– Training the retrieve
– Distance behaviors
– Scent discrimination
Your dog must be comfortable crating quietly in the seminar space. Crating out of your car will NOT be an option. Only dogs that have a working spot will be allowed in the seminar space.