Above & Beyond
Helping pets and the people who love them.
The Pet Safety Net aims to keep pets healthy and with their guardians who love them. The program assists low-income people with the care of their pets.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You and your pet must reside in Marin County
• You are the regular caretaker of the pet
• Your household income must be at or below the U.S. Department of Housing and Development’s (HUD) definition of very low income limits
• Supporting documents, such as proof of income, proof of residency and proof that you are the pet’s guardian must be provided
• All pets must be spayed and neutered (if the animal is not already spayed/neutered, you must include plans for having this done)
• All dogs must be licensed in accordance with county laws
• You must agree not to acquire any additional pets while receiving assistance
• We can only help you once every two calendar years.
You must demonstrate financial need and provide us with a truthful dollar amount that you will be able to pay towards your pet’s care. You will be expected to pay required co-payment to the veterinary clinic at the time services are rendered. Required documentation to include proof of income for all members of your household such as a tax return or social security statement, proof of residency such as California driver’s license, state ID card or utility bill, and proof that you are the pet’s guardian. The veterinarian or veterinary clinic must agree to accept a verbal financial pledge from us and bill us when the procedure or treatment is completed.
Please note: Services are delivered on a funds-available basis. There is no guarantee that funds will be available when a person applies.
Marin Humane does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, or religion and reserves the right to deny assistance to anyone for any reason. Funding resources are limited and Marin Humane makes every effort to use limited funds in the most responsible way to serve as many companion animals in the community as possible.